GK | 6 Jun 11:14 2008

Re: Software Errto Message "Communication Time Out"

Check your cable. I had a programming cable go bad when that happened too me. Also check the comm port to make sure it is correct.

Good Luck!
Gary
N8GJK

----- Original Message -----
From: hhallcosd
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 9:49 PM
Subject: [TH-F6A] Software Errto Message "Communication Time Out"

I have two TH-F6A radios and have loaded frequencies into both of my
radios with two different computers. I had to set the com ports as
follows recommended by Kenwood:

9600 Baud Rate

8 Data bit Rate

None Parity

1 Stop Bits

Xon/Xoff Flow Control

Have made sure the radio is set in PC mode.

Now the software has stopped working again, erro message
Communication Timeout. Kenwood told me to reset the radio, great
idea lost all of the programing, and it will still not work. Anybody
have any help or advice????

__._,_.___

__,_._,___
k6uid | 7 Jun 01:43 2008
Picon

Re: Software Errto Message "Communication Time Out"

I had the same trouble.........after setting the radio to "PC" mode,
approve with mnu button, then shut radio down.  Start comp. and
software. Make sure cable is connected securely and "COM" port is set
correctly. Connect radio, then turn radio on before doing anything
with the memory/management software.
I know some have said here that is does not matter if the radio is
on, but I have an old Comp. with Win.'98 Plus........
This also works with my Vista box as well.

YMMV,
Erik
k6uid

--- In TH-F6A@..., "GK" <glendor2 <at> ...> wrote:

> Check your cable. I had a programming cable go bad when that
happened too me. Also check the comm port to make sure it is correct.

> Good Luck!
> Gary
> N8GJK

------------------------------------

Vishal Jariwala | 19 Jun 00:17 2008
Picon

Re: Software Errto Message "Communication Time Out"

All right everyone!

I just joined this PG-4Y Troubles Club.

Only half an hour ago, I got my PG-4Y from gigaparts. I set up the pc
option in Menu #9 of the TH-F6A. Connected the radio while it was off,
to pc, using the cable.
1) Started the MCP-F6/F7 Program and tried to read the radio
menu/memory, but boom! got connection time out error! All this time
radio was off.

2)Then I turned on the radio and tried reading memory! Did not work.
3)Changed from COM-1 to COM-3, MCP accepted it, tried reading radio,
while it was off and on. Nope! does not work
4)I restarted the MCP while radio was connected and on! DOES NOT work!

What would be the way to check if Programing Cable is okay? I read
about "KC4FFD's "TH-F6A Express" software" at
http://osdir.com/ml/recreation.radio.hardware.kenwood.th-f6a/2006-09/msg00060.html

Does any one know where can I find it? I tried to google it, but I did
not come across anything of that sort..

Please advise.
Thanks
Vishal

--- In TH-F6A@..., "GK" <glendor2 <at> ...> wrote:

> Check your cable. I had a programming cable go bad when that
happened too me. Also check the comm port to make sure it is correct.

> Good Luck!
> Gary
> N8GJK

------------------------------------

Vishal Jariwala | 19 Jun 00:28 2008
Picon

Re: Software Errto Message "Communication Time Out"

I've got it working.
I pressed the speaker/mic end of cable hard such that it sits flush
and chose COM-1 with the HT on! The MCP read the radio memory. Now I
will do some programming.

73 de
Vishal

--- In TH-F6A@..., "Vishal Jariwala" <a380x <at> ...> wrote:

> All right everyone!
>
> I just joined this PG-4Y Troubles Club.
>
> Only half an hour ago, I got my PG-4Y from gigaparts. I set up the pc
> option in Menu #9 of the TH-F6A. Connected the radio while it was off,
> to pc, using the cable.
> 1) Started the MCP-F6/F7 Program and tried to read the radio
> menu/memory, but boom! got connection time out error! All this time
> radio was off.
>
> 2)Then I turned on the radio and tried reading memory! Did not work.
> 3)Changed from COM-1 to COM-3, MCP accepted it, tried reading radio,
> while it was off and on. Nope! does not work
> 4)I restarted the MCP while radio was connected and on! DOES NOT work!
>
> What would be the way to check if Programing Cable is okay? I read
> about "KC4FFD's "TH-F6A Express" software" at

http://osdir.com/ml/recreation.radio.hardware.kenwood.th-f6a/2006-09/msg00060.html

> Does any one know where can I find it? I tried to google it, but I did
> not come across anything of that sort..
>
> Please advise.
> Thanks
> Vishal
>
> --- In TH-F6A@..., "GK" <glendor2 <at> > wrote:
> >
> > Check your cable. I had a programming cable go bad when that
> happened too me. Also check the comm port to make sure it is correct.
> >
> > Good Luck!
> > Gary
> > N8GJK

Gmane