w0mbh1 | 17 Jan 23:29 2010
Picon

Comm Port setting for Kenwood MCP for TH-F6A

I can't seem to find the comm port setting on my computer to communicate with my TH-F6A.  I was able to use the
MCP but recently I can't use the MCP because the comm port isn't recognized.  I am running Windows Vista
Premium 32 Bit.  Can anyone help please?

------------------------------------

whperry | 18 Jan 06:24 2010

Re: Comm Port setting for Kenwood MCP for TH-F6A

Make sure Item #9 in the menu is set to "PC" and not to "SP/MIC".

----- Original Message -----
From: w0mbh1
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2010 2:29 PM
Subject: [TH-F6A] Comm Port setting for Kenwood MCP for TH-F6A

I can't seem to find the comm port setting on my computer to communicate with my TH-F6A. I was able to use the MCP but recently I can't use the MCP because the comm port isn't recognized. I am running Windows Vista Premium 32 Bit. Can anyone help please?

__._,_.___

__,_._,___
Mike Hickerson | 18 Jan 13:18 2010
Picon

RE: Comm Port setting for Kenwood MCP for TH-F6A

Hi There
In regards to this suggestion, I appreciate the thought but setting the TH-F6 for PC does not do anything for recognizing the com port in the computer.  When I tried to use the MCP for the TH-F6 AND the TM-V7 AND the Link 700 for the TH-F6, none of the memory programs will work BECAUSE THE COMM PORT is NOT recognized.  The comm ports are completely closed out.  Does anyone have any idea as where I can download the software to recognize the comm ports?

Mike W0MBH

Make sure Item #9 in the menu is set to "PC" and not to "SP/MIC".

I can't seem to find the comm port setting on my computer to communicate with my TH-F6A. I was able to use the MCP but recently I can't use the MCP because the comm port isn't recognized. I am running Windows Vista Premium 32 Bit. Can anyone help please?

.ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;padding:0 10px;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp hr {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp #ecxhd {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp #ecxads {margin-bottom:10px;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp .ecxad {padding:0 0;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp .ecxad a {color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxygrp-lc {font-family:Arial;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxygrp-lc #ecxhd {font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxygrp-lc .ecxad {margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;} .ExternalClass a {color:#1e66ae;} .ExternalClass #ecxactions {font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;} .ExternalClass #ecxactivity {background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;} .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span {font-weight:700;} .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span a {color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span span {color:#ff7900;} .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span .ecxunderline {text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass .ecxattach {clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;} .ExternalClass .ecxattach div a {text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass .ecxattach img {border:none;padding-right:5px;} .ExternalClass .ecxattach label {display:block;margin-bottom:5px;} .ExternalClass .ecxattach label a {text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass blockquote {;} .ExternalClass .ecxbold {font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;} .ExternalClass .ecxbold a {text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass dd.ecxlast p a {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;} .ExternalClass dd.ecxlast p span {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;} .ExternalClass dd.ecxlast p span.ecxyshortcuts {margin-right:0;} .ExternalClass div.ecxattach-table div div a {text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass div.ecxattach-table {width:400px;} .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a, .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a:active, .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a:hover, .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a, .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a:active, .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a:hover, .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass ecxdiv#ygrp-mlmsg #ecxygrp-msg p a span.ecxyshortcuts {font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;} .ExternalClass .ecxgreen {color:#628c2a;} .ExternalClass .ecxMsoNormal {;} .ExternalClass ecxo {font-size:0;} .ExternalClass #ecxphotos div {float:left;width:72px;} .ExternalClass #ecxphotos div div {border:1px solid #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;} .ExternalClass #ecxphotos div label {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;} .ExternalClass #ecxreco-category {font-size:77%;} .ExternalClass #ecxreco-desc {font-size:77%;} .ExternalClass .ecxreplbq {;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica,clean, sans-serif;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg select, .ExternalClass input, .ExternalClass textarea {font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg pre, .ExternalClass code {font:115% monospace;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg ecx* {line-height:1.22em;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg #ecxlogo {padding-bottom:10px;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg a {color:#1E66AE;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-msg p a {font-family:Verdana;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-msg ecxp#attach-count span {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-reco #ecxreco-head {color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-reco {margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxov li a {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxov li {font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxov ul {padding:0 0 0 8px;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-text {font-family:Georgia;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-text p {;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-text tt {font-size:120%;}

__._,_.___

__,_._,___
Russell Hltn | 18 Jan 19:05 2010
Picon

Re: Comm Port setting for Kenwood MCP for TH-F6A

1) Do you have any serial ports?
2) Are they turned on? (check the BIIOS)
3) Has another software package grabbed it?

Except for USB to serial adapters, you don't need any software to make a serial port work.  It's part of Windows.

[...]

Mike Hickerson | 18 Jan 19:11 2010
Picon

RE: Comm Port setting for Kenwood MCP for TH-F6A

I havent changed any BIOS nor do I have any serial ports.  As far as the possible software packages grabbing the com port I have no idea but I havent changed any of my communications settings.  Your idea of checking the Bios is a good one except there are no serial ports at all on this compy.  Tks anyway.  Good thought tho

Mike W0MBH

[...]

Russell Hltn | 18 Jan 21:50 2010
Picon

Re: RE: Comm Port setting for Kenwood MCP for TH-F6A

No serial ports? Then that's the problem.  The software only works with a serial port.  If you have a aftermarket USB cable, then you need to follow the instructions that come with it.

I havent changed any BIOS nor do I have any serial ports.  As far as the possible software packages grabbing the com port I have no idea but I havent changed any of my communications settings.  Your idea of checking the Bios is a good one except there are no serial ports at all on this compy.  Tks anyway.  Good thought tho

Mike W0MBH   ________________________________ To: TH-F6A-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org

Re: Comm Port setting for Kenwood MCP for TH-F6A

Mike,

You indicated that you have no Serial Port.  Are you using a Serial Port to USB port adapter?  Do you know what the Serial Port Number the USB adapter Driver is creating?  You need to check the Device Manager to find this out.
Jim Clemmons (KF7FOL)

I havent changed any BIOS nor do I have any serial ports.  As far as the possible software packages grabbing the com port I have no idea but I havent changed any of my communications settings.  Your idea of checking the Bios is a good one except there are no serial ports at all on this compy.  Tks anyway.  Good thought tho

Mike W0MBH

Make sure Item #9 in the menu is set to "PC" and not to "SP/MIC".

I can't seem to find the comm port setting on my computer to communicate with my TH-F6A. I was able to use the MCP but recently I can't use the MCP because the comm port isn't recognized. I am running Windows Vista Premium 32 Bit. Can anyone help please?

__._,_.___

__,_._,___
Mike Hickerson | 19 Jan 02:42 2010
Picon

RE: Comm Port setting for Kenwood MCP for TH-F6A

Hello All
I have resolved the problem with USB to serial adaptor and not getting a com port.  It was suggested that I unplug the USB cable from the computer.  Then re-boot.  After the computer comes up, go to the control panel and open the device manager then plug in the USB to serial cabe.  I did that and lo and behold the com port showed up on the device manager.  Everything worked.  The software for the USB to serial connector adaptor cable was all ready installed.
For all who tried to help I really appreciate that more than just a little bit.  I was looking at reformatting and re-installing all the software.  A two day job.  So for all who tried, Thank you all so much.

73
Mike W0MBH

[...]

Keith | 18 Jan 18:40 2010

Re: Comm Port setting for Kenwood MCP for TH-F6A

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 05:18:54 -0700, Mike Hickerson <w0mbh@...>
wrote:

> Hi There
>
> In regards to this suggestion, I appreciate the thought but setting the TH-F6 for PC does not do anything
for recognizing the com port in the computer.  When I tried to use the MCP for the TH-F6 AND the TM-V7 AND the
Link 700 for the TH-F6, none of the memory programs will work BECAUSE THE COMM PORT is NOT recognized.  The
comm ports are completely closed out.  Does anyone have any idea as where I can download the software to
recognize the comm ports?

> Mike W0MBH

 Are these real serial ports or are you using a USB device to emulate a
comport?

 In the control panel check hardware devices to see if any com ports are
listed.