Sonia Shah | 1 Jun 15:58 2009

Re: Beta score of DNA methylation assays

Hi Adai,

I think the beta score is the ratio of intensities between methylated and
unmethylated alleles:

Beta = methylated signal/(unmethylated signal + methylated signal + 100)

So in your case Beta= Cy5/(Cy3+Cy5+100).

A Beta of 0 means the site is completely unmethylated and a value of 1 means
fully methylated.

See:
http://www.illumina.com/downloads/DNAMethylationAnalysis_DataSheet.pdf

Regards,