Jenny Drnevich | 1 Nov 16:01 2005
Picon

Re: gcrma

Here is one solution to do it piece by piece, although not in expresso:

First, modify the gcrma function to just do the background correction. Type:

 > mygcrma <- edit(gcrma)

and change the last line to read:

return(object)

Then call:

 >gc.affybatch <- mygcrma(raw.affybatch)

and you'll get an affybatch object with GC background corrected data.

You can then do quantile normalization on this (or any other affybatch) by
simply calling:

 > gcnorm.affybatch <- normalize(gc.affybatch)

To just do the summarization on any affybatch, try:

gcnorm.eset <- rma(gcnorm.affybatch, background=F, normalize=F)

You can also turn off background correction and normalization in expresso,
but the rma routine is faster. I don't think you can turn off summarization
in expresso - see ?expresso.