David Gerard | 1 Feb 15:12 2005

Re: Sanger response and rating system experiment

Magnus Manske (magnus.manske@...) [050202 00:59]:
> Stirling Newberry schrieb:
> | On Jan 31, 2005, at 6:46 PM, David Gerard wrote:

> |> I asked on wikitech-l, and Magnus said his rating code is not (in his
> |> opinion) ready for prime time yet. Anyone want to beat it into shape in
> |> short order?

> | Link to code?

> Main stuff is in
> ~  phase3/includes/SpecialValidate.php
> though there are small parts elsewhere, e.g. display of the additional
> "validation" tab.
> I remember that, in addition to turning it on with some global variable,
> one needs to create a SQL table. Damn if I remember where I stored it
> (wasn't too complex, though, I can probably reverse-engineer it from the
> PHP).

Cool :-)

> Note that this will probably break with the 1.5 extensions, as the whole
> version counting is redone.

If this implementation was switched on in 1.4 and people loved it and
wanted to keep the feature, how much of a PITA would this be for 1.5?

- d.
Magnus Manske | 1 Feb 15:41 2005
Picon

Re: Re: [Wikipedia-l] Sanger response and rating system experiment

David Gerard schrieb:
| Magnus Manske (magnus.manske <at> web.de) [050202 00:59]:
|>I remember that, in addition to turning it on with some global variable,
|>one needs to create a SQL table. Damn if I remember where I stored it
|>(wasn't too complex, though, I can probably reverse-engineer it from the
|>PHP).
|
| Cool :-)

That's what I figured about the table:

table "validate"
val_user <=> user_id
val_title <=> cur_title
val_timestamp = timestamp of the version
val_type = key of what was validated (quality, quantity, etc.)
val_value = value on key/type-specific scale (0..X)
val_comment = comment for that vaildation

Types are either varchars or integers...

|>Note that this will probably break with the 1.5 extensions, as the whole
|>version counting is redone.
|

| If this implementation was switched on in 1.4 and people loved it and
| wanted to keep the feature, how much of a PITA would this be for 1.5?

Not very painful :-)