Petr Kadlec | 2 Feb 09:08 2005
Picon

Re: Categories in en:Wiktionary

The Special:Categories page shows all categories that contain at least
one article, not taking into account whether the category has its own
page or not. Try this: click at the red link, it will take you to the
edit box of the category page. There, click Cancel or the "category"
tab at the top of the page. It will take you to the category page,
where you will see the list of articles that are still in this (as you
say "abandoned") category. As soon as all those articles have their
[[Category:ThisAbandonedCategory]] removed, the category will
disappear from the list. (Or, that is the way it should work, at
least.)

HTH,
-- [[ :cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec ]]
Ray Saintonge | 2 Feb 11:05 2005

Petr Kadlec wrote:

>The Special:Categories page shows all categories that contain at least
>one article, not taking into account whether the category has its own
>page or not. Try this: click at the red link, it will take you to the
>edit box of the category page. There, click Cancel or the "category"
>tab at the top of the page. It will take you to the category page,
>where you will see the list of articles that are still in this (as you
>say "abandoned") category. As soon as all those articles have their
>[[Category:ThisAbandonedCategory]] removed, the category will
>disappear from the list. (Or, that is the way it should work, at
>least.)
>
>HTH,
>-- [[ :cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec ]]

Big thanks.  In 3 years I have never used the "Cancel" link (None of
these boxes had a category tab.)  I think that I had always misread that
link as meaning "Cancel the edit that I've just done and start over."
One is never around so long as to be unable to learn a new trick on the
Wiki. :-)

Ec

Gmane