Bruno Guindon, Mr | 6 Mar 14:21 2014
Picon

Symposium on John Broome's Rationality through Reasoning (2013) - Montreal, Canada

The Groupe de recherche interuniversitaire sur la normativité (GRIN) is pleased to announce a one-day book symposium on Prof. John Broome’s Rationality through Reasoning (Wiley Blackwell, 2013) to be held on Friday March 21st, beginning at 9:00 a.m. at Pavillon Lionel Groulx of Université de Montréal, 3150 Jean-Brillant Street, room C3061.

Speakers:
John Broome (Oxford)
Andrew Reisner (McGill)
Nadeem Hussain (Stanford)
Paul Boghossian (NYU)

Program

09:00-09:20 Coffee
09:20-09:30 Welcome speech (Josée Brunet – ITA)

09:30-10:00 Précis of Rationality through Reasoning (John Broome, Oxford)
10:00-11:45 Oughts, Reasons and Rational Requirements (Andrew Reisner, McGill)

11:45-13:45 Lunch*

13:45-15:30 Contents, Normativity and Rule-Following (Nadeem Hussain, Stanford)
15:30-15:45 Break
15:45-17:30 Reasoning and Rule-Following (Paul Boghossian, NYU)

17:30-18:30 Replies by John Broome, and general discussion

18:30-19:30 Drinks

20:30 Dinner*

All are welcome and the attendance is free, though non-speakers will have to pay for their lunch and dinner. If you would like to join the speakers for lunch, for dinner or both, please let me know by e-mailing me before March 14th so that I could do the appropriate reservations. The lunch will be at Bistro Olivieri.

This symposium is organized by Prof. Daniel Laurier (Université de Montréal) and Dr. Josée Brunet (Institut de technologie agroalimentaire, campus de Saint-Hyacinthe) and made possible by the SSHRC grant that they share.

See here for further details on Groupe de recherche interuniversitaire sur la normativité http://grin.normativity.ca/

Dr. Josée Brunet
Enseignante en philosophie, Institut de technologie agroalimentaire (Campus de Saint-Hyacinthe)
Chercheure collège FQRSC – Groupe de recherche interuniversitaire sur la normativité (GRIN)
450 778 6504 poste 6282
josee.brunet-zXeGObcYR9F3mlGVw2gvqA@public.gmane.org

Messages to the list are archived at http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/philos-l.html. Current posts are also available via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PhilosL. Discussions should be moved to chora: enrol via http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/chora.html. To sign off the list send a blank message to philos-l-unsubscribe-request-sZfJFUT1i4m9pd47WLkpUg@public.gmane.org

Gmane