Jagan Rajagopalan | 2 Mar 18:19 2011
Picon

HFSS wave port

Hello Experts,
I am trying to do a flip chip (GaAs die flipped on to a laminate) simulation
using HFSS. I want to assign wave port exciatition to the signal input
trace. I followed the HFSS guidelines of assigning a wave port by creating a
port box and drawing integration line between ground and signal. But I am
getting a strange error

" Port refinement, process hf3d error: Port WavePort1 is assigned to an
internal face.  Only allowed with lumped ports".

I am not able to understand what this error means. Any advice on what this
means and how to assign wave ports ?

Thank you,
Jagan

PS: The project simulates well with lumped ports. But want to compare
results with wave ports too.

For help:
si-list-request@... with 'help' in the Subject field

List technical documents are available at:
(Continue reading)

steve weir | 2 Mar 18:54 2011

Re: HFSS wave port

Ansys field application support is first rate.  Have you contacted them?

Steve.
Jagan Rajagopalan wrote:
> Hello Experts,
> I am trying to do a flip chip (GaAs die flipped on to a laminate) simulation
> using HFSS. I want to assign wave port exciatition to the signal input
> trace. I followed the HFSS guidelines of assigning a wave port by creating a
> port box and drawing integration line between ground and signal. But I am
> getting a strange error
>
> " Port refinement, process hf3d error: Port WavePort1 is assigned to an
> internal face.  Only allowed with lumped ports".
>
> I am not able to understand what this error means. Any advice on what this
> means and how to assign wave ports ?
>
> Thank you,
> Jagan
>
> PS: The project simulates well with lumped ports. But want to compare
> results with wave ports too.

Stephen Zinck | 2 Mar 19:02 2011
Picon

Re: HFSS wave port