Keith Jenkins | 2 Apr 15:05 2010
Picon

Javascript implementation of PHP Markdown Extra?

I've been using the John Fraser's Showdown JavaScript port of Markdown
to do real-time previews in-browser.  But I also would like to take
advantage of some of the extensions in Michel Fortin's PHP Markdown
Extra.  Has anyone already tried to implement Markdown Extra in
JavaScript?

Thanks,
Keith
Alexandre Leray | 2 Apr 15:36 2010

Re: Javascript implementation of PHP Markdown Extra?

Hi Keith,

I'm not sure it solves your problem but you could take a look at
http://github.com/tstone/jquery-markedit/ it is a very promising jquery
based markdown editor. I'd like to improve it with markdown extensions
such as footnotes when I'll have time, but right now I'm too busy.
Anyway it has a very good API that makes it a good candidate for plugins.

Good luck,

Alex

On 04/02/2010 03:05 PM, Keith Jenkins wrote:
> I've been using the John Fraser's Showdown JavaScript port of Markdown
> to do real-time previews in-browser.  But I also would like to take
> advantage of some of the extensions in Michel Fortin's PHP Markdown
> Extra.  Has anyone already tried to implement Markdown Extra in
> JavaScript?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

Keith Jenkins | 2 Apr 20:50 2010
Picon

Re: Javascript implementation of PHP Markdown Extra?

Thanks, Alex.  I see that jquery-markedit uses showdown.js internally
to convert the markdown to HTML.  But I'm really looking for a
PHPMarkdownExtra equivalent for showdown.js.  (That is, a javascript
function to convert MarkdownExtra to HTML.)

Keith