Dirk Laurie | 2 Sep 17:11 2011
Picon

Re: vim-pandoc

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 09:30:38AM -0700, David Sanson wrote:

> There has been a recent spate of significant improvements to the
> vim-pandoc bundle.
> https://github.com/vim-pandoc/vim-pandoc

It no longer highlights two trailing spaces (i.e. hard linebreak)
as the old version did.

Dirk

Dirk Laurie | 2 Sep 18:00 2011
Picon

Re: vim-pandoc

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 05:11:18PM +0200, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 09:30:38AM -0700, David Sanson wrote:
> >
> > There has been a recent spate of significant improvements to the
> > vim-pandoc bundle.
> > https://github.com/vim-pandoc/vim-pandoc
>
> It no longer highlights two trailing spaces (i.e. hard linebreak)
> as the old version did.

Arggh!  I just pulled the latest version and many, many things
look different from the one I got just after David's 27 August
post.  I get the impression that both David and Felipe are working
hard on the current version, but independently, so I think I want
to get back to the 27 August version and wait for the activity to
simmer down!

How can I do that?

Dirk

David Sanson | 2 Sep 20:40 2011
Picon

Re: vim-pandoc

Sorry about that. When I posted, I thought things were settling down! But Felipe has been on a bit of a tear. He is just completing a bottom up rewrite of the syntax file, for example, which should fix a lot of things. He also rewrote the convert-and-open commands so that they work on linux and windows, not just OS X.

We had disabled the highlighting of hard linebreaks because it seemed to be associated with slow downs.

If you want to go back to August 27th, assuming you are using git, go to the vim-pandoc directory and execute

   git checkout a19acff

If that's not quite what you wanted, take a look at

   https://github.com/vim-pandoc/vim-pandoc/commits/

Find the commit you want and take the commit id (that long string on letters and numbers at the end of the url), and

   git checkout <commit id>

We are aiming to get to a point where things are settled down, at which point we'll plop a version on it and publish it on vimscripts.

David

Felipe Morales | 2 Sep 18:08 2011
Picon

Re: vim-pandoc

El vie 02 sep 2011 13:00:24 CLST, Dirk Laurie escribió:
> On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 05:11:18PM +0200, Dirk Laurie wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 09:30:38AM -0700, David Sanson wrote:
>>>
>>> There has been a recent spate of significant improvements to the
>>> vim-pandoc bundle.
>>> https://github.com/vim-pandoc/vim-pandoc
>>
>> It no longer highlights two trailing spaces (i.e. hard linebreak)
>> as the old version did.
>>
> Arggh!  I just pulled the latest version and many, many things
> look different from the one I got just after David's 27 August
> post.  I get the impression that both David and Felipe are working
> hard on the current version, but independently, so I think I want
> to get back to the 27 August version and wait for the activity to
> simmer down!
>
> How can I do that?
>
> Dirk

Hi Dirk,
can you tell me what problems did you see? I'm rewriting the syntax
file, but those changes are not in master yet. Can you test it out?
Those are in the new-syntax branch:

    git checkout new-syntax

You can also go back N revisions with

   git checkout HEAD^N

Regards.

Dirk Laurie | 3 Sep 12:04 2011
Picon

Re: vim-pandoc

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 01:08:36PM -0300, Felipe Morales wrote:
> can you tell me what problems did you see?
The version on master at the time did things like: I start a document
with `## heading`.  It is highlighted.  Fine.  A little later, I decide
I need some text before the heading.  Nice open line so the heading will
still be recognized by Pandoc.  Whoops!  No more highlighting for that
heading.

> I'm rewriting the syntax file, but those changes are not in master
> yet. Can you test it out?
Yes.  It's OK so far, but I do miss the hard linebreak highlighting.
It's almost always a mistake in the case of my documents, so the
warning is really helpful.

Dirk

Felipe Morales | 3 Sep 17:44 2011
Picon

Re: vim-pandoc

We've fixed that problem on the headings with the new changes, which
are already
in master. We've also re-added the highlighting of problematic spaces
in the end of
lines.

If you're using hardbreaks, set g:pandoc_use_hard_breaks to 1 in
your .vimrc and then the text will be be broken automatically. It
shouldn't leave any
space at the end of lines. You can also add

    let g:pandoc_auto_format = 1

so paragraphs are reflown if you insert text in the middle of them,
but that has some
issues, and can be slow.