Reinhard Pötz | 8 Jun 23:19 2011
Picon

Re: [C3] Release process clarification needed

On 06/08/2011 09:16 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi Reinhard/all,
> can someone explain me please what the third point in the
> RELEASE_HOWTO.txt means:
>
> * set all versions in the generated pom.xml files of all archetypes
>
> I didn't see where poms have been generated... thanks in advance!!!

I've just updated the RELEASE_HOWTO.txt.

HTH

I also fixed the sample and the block archetype.

To make things clearer for cocoon-archetype-sample: the sample-archetype
uses a Groovy script to generate the assembly descriptor on the fly
based on the content of cocoon-sample and copies all relevant resources
to src/main/resources/archetype-resources

Maybe there are better ways to achieve this goal with 'standard' Maven
plugins in the meantime ...

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member                  reinhard <at> apache.org

Simone Tripodi | 8 Jun 23:26 2011
Picon

Re: [C3] Release process clarification needed

thanks a lot for your kind help Reinhard!!!
sorry for my lack of knowledge of Groovy, but... do I need an
interpreter to install to execute it?
Many thanks in advance!!!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Reinhard Pötz <reinhard <at> apache.org> wrote:
> On 06/08/2011 09:16 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>>
>> Hi Reinhard/all,
>> can someone explain me please what the third point in the
>> RELEASE_HOWTO.txt means:
>>
>> * set all versions in the generated pom.xml files of all archetypes
>>
>> I didn't see where poms have been generated... thanks in advance!!!
>
> I've just updated the RELEASE_HOWTO.txt.
>
> HTH
>
> I also fixed the sample and the block archetype.
>
> To make things clearer for cocoon-archetype-sample: the sample-archetype
> uses a Groovy script to generate the assembly descriptor on the fly based on
> the content of cocoon-sample and copies all relevant resources to
> src/main/resources/archetype-resources
(Continue reading)

Reinhard Pötz | 9 Jun 07:43 2011

On 06/08/2011 11:26 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> thanks a lot for your kind help Reinhard!!!
> sorry for my lack of knowledge of Groovy, but... do I need an
> interpreter to install to execute it?
> Many thanks in advance!!!

No, that's done by the GMaven plugin automatically for you. See the
pom.xml of the cocoon-archetype-sample module.

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member                  reinhard <at> apache.org

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap

Simone Tripodi | 9 Jun 12:56 2011
Picon

Re: [C3] Release process clarification needed

thanks a lot Reinhard,
I'm an idiot and started downloading Groovy, installing... :)
I'll let you know my progresses, thanks for your help!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/