nixspirit nixspirit | 21 Mar 04:28 2010
Picon

Hessian Client gets 500 error

Hi there,

I had tried to run a simple hessian client but I got 500 error:

com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianConnectionException: 500: java.io.IOException
Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL:
http://passport.com:8080/remoting/UserService
org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Hessian skeleton
invocation failed;
nested exception is java.io.IOException: expected 'c' in hessian input at 72

My simple client:

public class HessianSimpleClient {
        String url = "http://passport.com:8080/remoting/UserService";
        HessianProxyFactory factory = new HessianProxyFactory();
        IUserService userService = (IUserService) factory.create(
                IUserService.class, url);
        try {
            userService.login();
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }
}

Service

public interface IUserService {
(Continue reading)

Sanjeev Saha | 21 Mar 04:34 2010

Re: Hessian Client gets 500 error

I believe Spring 2.5.6 requires Hessian 3.1.6 and is not compatible with
Hessian 4.0.1. You will need Spring 3.x in order to use Hessian 4.x.

-Sanjeev

I had tried to run a simple hessian client but I got 500 error:

com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianConnectionException: 500:
java.io.IOException
Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL:
http://passport.com:8080/remoting/UserService
org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Hessian skeleton
invocation failed;
nested exception is java.io.IOException: expected 'c' in hessian input
at 72

My simple client:

public class HessianSimpleClient {

nixspirit nixspirit | 21 Mar 16:58 2010
Picon

Re: Hessian Client gets 500 error

Thanks for your help.

I've replaced hessian-4.0.1 with hessian-3.1.6 and get a response:

26740L
133692L
com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianRuntimeException:
com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException: expected hessian reply
at 0x3c (<)
<h1>500 Servlet Exception</h1>
org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Hessian skeleton
invocation failed; nested exception is
com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException:
expected string at 0x6d
	at org.springframework.remoting.caucho.HessianServiceExporter.handleRequest(HessianServiceExporter.java:73)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.HttpRequestHandlerAdapter.handle(HttpRequestHandlerAdapter.java:49)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:875)
Caused by: com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException: expected
string at 0x6d
tbh I have no idea what is happening.